The Destination Melbourne podcast brings you interviews with some of the brightest minds in the Melbourne visitor industry. If you have an interviewee suggestion, email Danielle or call her on (03) 9869 2406.
Stream/download via Soundcloud
Episode 2/2018: Sonia Lear of Happy Camper Pizza, a Melbourne food truck business.
- While many food and beverage businesses don't always consider themselves to be tourism businesses, Happy Camper well and truly does. Find out why!
Episode 1/2018: Travis Scicchitano and Jo Issaverdis of Conservation Volunteers.
- Travis and Jo discuss the growing 'voluntourism' market, and how tourism operators can work with conservation organisations to benefit from this market and broaden the appeal of nature based tourism.
Episode 4: Katie Cooper, Melbourne Airport
- Katie Cooper is Head of Aviation Operations at Melbourne Airport. On the back of 40 consecutive quarters of growth, Katie discusses the recent T4 expansion and looks at the success of the airport's Customer Care program.
Episode 3: Leesa Lawrence, The Little Bookroom / Nicholson Village
- Leesa Lawrence is the owner of The Little Bookroom and head of Nicholson Village, a growing retail and dining precinct in North Carlton, in Melbourne's inner north. Leesa talks about catering to a growing and changing local population, reaching out to the visiting friends and relatives (VFR) tourism segment, and some of the challenges that face local precincts and trader associations.
Episode 2: Martin Heng, Lonely Planet
- Martin Heng, Accessible Travel Manager and Editorial Adviser at Lonely Planet. Martin talks about how an accident changed his life, some low-cost or free ways for businesses to increase their revenue by catering to travellers with a disability, and operators leading the way in this area.
Episode 1: Emma Levy, ACMI
- Emma Levy is Head of Marketing at the Australian Centre for the Moving Image (ACMI). Emma talks about partnership marketing, attracting tourists and local Melburnians, and the implications of the Melbourne Metro Rail Project.
For more DM content, join thousands of your industry colleagues and follow us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter, or get our Inspiring Industry newsletter delivered straight to your inbox.